The live streaming videos are seen to be gaining grip all around the world. Where ever we go either we talk about social media, personal or professional life. The live video streaming option allows the brands and individuals to get engaged through simultaneous broadcasting and recording in real-time directly. Live streaming has been doing wonders across all the platforms and domains. Current live video streaming apps are preloaded with live chat, group chat, and many more functions. At present, everyone has a smartphone, tablet, or laptop that comes with high-resolution cameras. Now we can easily broadcast the stream in good quality. Your device must have live streaming software installed in it. In this article, we have shortlisted a few top leading screen recording software that will be a source of great help for live streaming. You can also record Netflix screen if you don’t know how to screen record Netflix.
Part 1: Top 10 Live Streaming Video Recorder
In this modern time, the live streaming industry is heading up with a boost. There are dozens of live streaming video recording apps available in the market that are developed as per the requirements of the user. Some software even comes with streaming audio recorder options. Here is a breakdown of the top 10 best live streaming tools –
- EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUs RecExperts is considered as the top leading and free software in the market. It works on both MacOS and Windows. It can record high quality videos without any lag or delay in a short time. The screen recorder allows to select the output format as well as the resolution before recording so that the user is satisfied. Apart from all this video recording the software is also capable of audio recording. You can easily record the audio of a YouTube video, computer audio, internet radio etc.
- The software is loaded with a very simple and easy user interface.
- The software allows the user to select the output format and resolution before recording.
- The software can work as a GIF recorder.
- The free trial of the software only allows 5 minutes of recording and the watermark is automatically added to the video and cannot be removed.
- The editing features of the software in the free version are very limited. For improved working premium is required.
The Wirecast live broadcasting software is developed by the Telestream. This software allows to live stream to any RTMP destination, and record streams locally as well. It is compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, video cameras and microphones. The software enables picture-in-picture compositions, titles, live switching, and audio delay. The software makes it easy to use pre-recorded videos in your live broadcast. It’s compatible with both MacOS and Windows. And it supports multiple video inputs and video capture through USB and web stream sources.
- It is fully loaded with numerous valuable features.
- It allows utilizing green screen videos as well.
- It is very easy to use and user-friendly with an additional instant replay feature.
- Many of the amazing features of the software are locked in the studio version.
- The software is consuming a lot of space on the computer memory.
Developed by StudioCoast, vMix is a very powerful broadcasting software that features simultaneous streaming, recording and output. The latest version for Windows includes a free update to the 60 days of free trial for vMix pro. Whereas vMix 24 is only for Windows. This software can also be installed on a macOS device with the help of a boot camp only if the machine supports a Windows partition. It supports 4k video card cameras, audio files of both MP3, and WAV, video files of MP4, MOV, WMV, MXF, and MPEG-2.
- The software is open for all the budget plans.
- The software allows risk-free 60-day trial.
- The software has specific limitations on its compatibility.
- As compared to other software streams at a relatively low bitrate.
- Contains a minimum amount of bugs that can be fixed as per the user complaints.
- OBS Studio
The OBS Studio software is a free and open source screen recorder for recording and live streaming of videos. It supports the switching between multiple sources, webcams, green screens (Chroma key), audio and video streaming. The software is light on features. It’s very easy to use for all the new comers as well. OBS doesn’t support any plugins nor multi-bitrate streaming. The notable plugin supports pulling tweets into your streams in real-time.
- The software is totally free.
- The software works on lower quality internet as well.
- It is not easy-to-use.
- There is always a room for improvement in the plugins.
The FFmpeg is a basic broadcasting software that is compatible with Dacast’s live streaming platform. It’s a legit and reliable source to stream and record videos. This software is another open source streaming software capable of being customized based upon large library programs geared towards production and multi-media management. Just because of the open-source nature of the software, it can be easily customized to achieve great things. The FFmpeg is compatible with Linux, Windows, and macOS, and it’s free to download and use. The conversion of video and audio has never been so easy before.
- Easily customizable because of its open-source nature.
- Fully loaded with many valuable tools.
- One of the few suitable software for business use.
- Very few educational materials for guiding how to use the software.
- No support for HLS service.
The SplitCam is one of the great software that are used for peer-to-peer splitting and mixing of video streams. It’s a broadcasting software with numerous compatibilities. The primary use of the software is for webcam splitting which is seen to be handy in use where peer-to-peer streaming is necessary. You can use this tool for webinars, live training sessions, and many other virtual streaming events that involve viewers’ interaction. The SplitCam software has a specially designed community platform for the users to share ideas, troubleshoot problems, share ideas and their reviews.
- The software can do split screening from one webcam.
- The software allows video and audio mixing.
- There is a wide range of capabilities that are free to use.
- The software doesn’t allow mobile streaming support.
- There are no encoding tools available.
FFsplit is specially built to create seamless multi-source live streams. The software is fully dedicated to production and it allows users to merge multiple inputs for the creation of a smooth stream. The streams can be broadcasted in either real-time or they could be stored locally. This software is pretty basic and a good option for the broadcasters that use multi-source streaming. It has no more updates available or in line to call it a developing app. It’s still available to be downloaded in several versions at the FFsplit website.
- The software doesn’t charge for its services.
- The main focus is live streaming and has support for local recordings.
- The software allows the users to merge multiple inputs.
- Not available for macOS.
- The software is very basic.
- There are no developments or updating available for the software.
OpenShot is one of the greatest free and open-source video streaming software. It is fully geared towards editing and focusing purely on the aesthetic aspects of videos. It is a bit different from the other streaming software in the market. The OpenShot software is open-source software that means it is fully customizable as per the different use cases.
- A free, open-source software.
- Additionally a video editing software.
- Is easy to use and provides user guides along with full customer support.
- Numerous complaints about crashing while used on laptops.
- Several issues with video speed.
RestreamStudio is a slightly different recording software with several solutions for broadcasters. It focus on elevating broadcasts to connect with their audience at a better rate. It works on numerous devices that include Windows, MacOS, Linux, and some gaming consolesl. This software allows live, effective, and powerful streaming service that enables the user to broadcast his content to more than 30 streaming platforms simultaneously. It doesn’t alter the video quality of the incoming stream.
- Has multi-streaming capabilities.
- Numerous features for boosting engagement.
- Provides peer-to-peer streaming support.
- Hard to support on Wi-Fi.
- Several issues with the video quality.
- Prism Live Studio
The prism is a very basic simulcasting live streaming video recording software. The software primarily focuses on video production and editing. Secondarily the software also supports simulcasting but it is not one of the main functions. It’s available for both mobile and desktop versions (Windows and macOS). It also supports simulcasting to other applications such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Naver TV, V Live, and afreeca TV. This streaming recording software is entirely free and can be downloaded from any app stores.
- There is a dedicated simulcasting tool.
- There is an instream widget placement available.
- Full-time mobile and desktop support.
- The streaming destinations number is minimal.
- It is a very basic production tool.
Being a professional broadcaster it is necessary to find a suitable live streaming video recording software. Besides, if you want to know how to record zoom meeting, these tools are also helpful. We hope this article will help you find the best live streaming video recorder as per your needs and requirements. We hope our streaming video recording software reviews help you choose one that works well per your desires. If you are new or experienced in live stream video recording, we recommend you to start with EaseUS RecExperts since it is free and easy to use. The software is straightforward to operate specially for new users.